السبت، 14 مايو 2016

English Poetry: A Letter To My Beautiful Dream II


My dear one.
My beloved one.
O my chest and rib cage that bears my heart.
Again, my beautiful dream.
This is another letter that will not reach you
even if we both kept craving and praying.

I cannot understand why I am writing for you again,
as I utterly forgot every memory of you.
I do not watch the dancing branches through window while thinking about you
anymore.
I do not try to remember your face, and struggle and fail, and then try again
anymore.
I do not walk with the hope of seeing your smiling face that delights my lonely heart
anymore.
I believe I do not know you
anymore.
But I still, however, love you;
and perhaps even more than ever.

And if I have a chance,
I swear
I will pour myself into you;
I will not be oblivious
anymore;
I will not be apathetic
anymore;
we will not be doomed to the depth of darkness
anymore;
we will be one.
Like a mother and a child.

However,
I always say that we make our own chances.
But this time does not apply.
Is that an excuse?
Am I merely a coward?
Perhaps that is true.
Or that this kind of chances is beyond my weak self to make.
Either way, it is impossible.
Unreachable.
Untouchable.

I hope you have already forgotten about me;
and this is probably arrogant of me to think that you once remembered me from the first place.

I still do not know your name.
But that is better.
Knowing that you are just My Beautiful Dream
makes it easier to love you from a distance.

هناك تعليق واحد: